This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
There is something about going to the nail salon and walking out with a fresh new manicure! It is one of the best feelings and something most women look forward to. I have been getting my nails done since I was in high school and I love the whole process. However, over the years, a lot has changed. I used to pay under $30 for a new acrylic set. Now, the latest craze are Gel-X nails and they are a lot more expensive.
This post is about how to do gel x nails at home.
Apres Gel-X extensions are specially formulated, soak-off gel tips that ensure long-lasting, three-plus weeks adhesion to a natural nail. It’s a fast and easy system that allows for simple removal with the use of just acetone. No dust, no odor, no excessive buffing or filing to the natural nail, and no additional damage to the natural nail as they are adhered with gel. There’s also no fill required at two to three weeks — just apply a new set. When I got my first gel-x set, I was in awe! The whole process is amazing and I love how I don’t damage my real nails leaving them paper thin. The downside is, they are very popular which makes it tough to get an appointment with a good tech. My favorite nail tech is booked a month out, which sucks. Gel X nail extensions are also more pricey than the typical extension set. If you feel like you’ve run into to an issue with pricey nails or trying to get an appointment, I have just the solution for you! You can now do your own Gel-X extensions at home with this Apres Gel-X kit. I had to film a campaign but needed manicured nails for the shoot. My nails were in desperate need of a fill, but there was no way I was going to be able to get an appointment in a day, so I decided to do my nails myself. I made a TikTok showing how I did my set in the comfort of my home. (PS: follow me on TikTok and join in on the fun)
@melrwhite I did my own gel-x manicure at home 💅🏽 #gelx #gelxnails #gelxinspo #gelxmanicure #fyp #fypシ #foryoupagе ♬ original sound - Mel
Below are the steps I took to do my gel x nails at home. Underneath the steps, I listed all of the items I used to achieve my gel x nails.
- Prep your nails however you see fit.
- Apply the pH Bonder to your nail, which dries instantly.
- Apply the Non-Acidic Gel Primer.
- Apply a thin layer of the Extend Gel to your nail and cure it under the LED lamp for 30 seconds.
- Soak a cotton swab in acetone and then swipe it on the contact side of the tip, covering any spot that will touch your natural nail. This essentially “files” the inside of the nail which will help the gel adhere better and last longer. If you have a nail drill, you can also lightly drill the contact side of the tip. That is what I did.
- Apply the Extend Gel to the contact area and press the nail down onto your finger hard while curing it under the LED light.
- File. the tip if needed.
- Paint your nails to your liking.
- Finish with Aprés Top Gelcoat and cure each nail after painting before curing the entire hand.
If you need to know how to do your gel x nails at home, you must first get all of the supplies.
I hope this post has helped! If you do decide to do your gel x nails at home, I hope they turn out super cute!!
This post is all about how to do gel x nails at home.
Other Posts You May Like: