This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
Who wouldn’t love a day full of good food, drinking champagne and fun with friends??! That is an exact description of The Annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic. I went with my best friend, Janel, and met up with a bunch of other friends throughout the day. People from all over the country and Canada, gathered together at Liberty State Park in Jersey City, New Jersey to see and be seen. The event, hosted by the luxury champagne company, Veuve Clicquot, featured a polo match where Team Veuve Clicquot — led by world-renowned polo player Nacho Figueras — competed against Team Liberty Comets. It was a super fun day and I paid for all of the champagne drinking the next two days lol.
If you have never been and wanted to know some tips, here are the best ones I can offer:
- Make sure you bring a big enough blanket to relax on.
- If you want to bring snacks, make sure they are sealed. Open container food or food from home will be thrown out.
- If you have a lot to bring, I recommend bringing a small rolling bag packed with everything to save yourself from lugging all of your stuff. After you get off the ferry, there is a bit of a walk and you don’t want to be struggling in the heat.
- Ladies – pack comfortable shoes. If you want to be cute in your heels, just bring flats for the commute. Keep in mind you will be in the grass and those heels will be sinking in the dirt a bit lol.
- Pack a lot of water (sealed water). It really hot when we were out there and mixing heat with drinking champagne – its a badddd mix lol trust me!
- It pays to get there early. If you aren’t on that first ferry, you might not be able to get a good spot.
- Pack portable phone chargers. You will be taking a lot of pics and you don’t want your battery to die.
Enjoy some of our pics from the event below.
Below are the deets on my dress. Click the photo to purchase. This dress was great because it is mesh, so it wasn’t too hot.