I went to Whole Foods to get lemons and cucumber and ended up coming out with ingredients to make shrimp tacos! The idea randomly came to mind when I walked past the shrimp aisle and was instantly hype. They turned out great and I am already looking forward to the leftovers.
- Peeled large raw shrimp
- Flour Tortillas
- Olive Oil
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups of shredded brussels sprouts
- Minced garlic to taste
- Limes, zested and juiced
- Kosher salt
- Avocados, diced
- Salsa for serving
- Old Bay
- Onion powder
- Onions, diced
- Sour Cream (up to you – not needed)
- Mexican cheese (up to you – not needed)
- First, I gathered all of my ingredients and began to dice them up. The shrimp were peeled, onions diced, avocados diced. I put my shrimp in a bowl and seasoned them well with the old bay and onion powder.
- I then poured my olive oil in my pan and began to sautee the onions, garlic and a little salsa for flavor.
- Next, I added the shrimp and salt and let everything cook.
- I then added the shredded brussels sprouts. Since they are shredded, I didn’t let them sautee for too long because I didn’t want them to be super soft. I wanted them to still have some texture.
- After that cooked, I took it out of the pan and began to work on my tortillas. I like to fry my flour tortillas up because it gives them a lot of flavor, texture and tastes wayyyyy better. I added the vegetable oil to a pan and turned the heat up to med/high. Once I began to see little bubbles form, I added the first tortilla. I let it cook about 1 minute on each side or until you see the tortilla begin to bubble then I flip it to the other side. Make sure you have a plate lined with paper towels close by to place the fried tortillas on. Place a paper towel in between each one.
- Once everything was done, it was time for the fun part…EATING IT!
- I Added the shrimp mix, salsa, sour cream, avocado, lime juice and viola! DELISH! You can garnish with purple cabbage.
Of course tacos taste better while wearing a sombrero 😉
Total cook time took about 35 minutes.