This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
Shop my looks from Greece!
Last night my mom, AnnDrew and I got back from an awesome trip in Greece. Now I am trying to get my body clock back to schedule and get back in work mode. There was a 7 hour time difference, so the struggle is real. To say Greece is beautiful would be an understatement. Our two planned stops were in Athens and Santorini, and we visited a few other places in between. I have always seen such pretty pictures from Greece but in person the views are crazy! We definitely got our workout on the entire trip especially because we had to carry AnnDrew lol. I didn’t realize we would have to hike so many hills and steps while over there (Santorini). Phew, my legs are on fire just thinking about them lol. Oh and AnnDrew had the time of her life on vacation. Her theme song for the trip was Beyonce- Mi Gente. Watch her get her dance on lol. This was her the entire time! I love seeing her enjoy herself and she really was haha.
We did so many memorable things while in Greece – we rode the metro like we were in NYC lol, went to a winery and saw wine being made, smashed plates with the Greek, boat rides, hit up museums, went to Acropolis and saw some things you would only see in textbooks, and so much more. We went to Microlimano, Plaka, Piraeous, and spent a lot of time in Fira (the main downtown area). This trip was great and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Things to keep in mind when planning a trip to Greece:
- Children under 13 y/o are not allowed to stay in certain hotels on one side of the island in Santorini due to the cliffs. Our hotel didn’t allow children for certain times of the year (the time we went being one of those times), but I called and they said they would make an exception as long as I carried her at all times.
- Make sure you bring an outlet convertor. The hotels usually only provide you with one, so its best to come prepared. I purchased some at Rite Aid before our trip.
- Bring comfortable shoes to be able to get around and take on the hills/steps with.
- There are peak seasons for Greece. We went in low season- not too many people and the weather was perfect.
- Once you are in Greece, other islands are a hop, skip and jump away. We took a quick 25-30 minute flight to get to Santorini from Athens. There is a ferry you can take to get from Santorini to Mykonos and it is about 2 hours.
- You will need to exchange dollars to Euros.
I carried a cute backpack some of the days and it came in handy on the hikes. It was cute and practical. I would recommend having a nice back pack so you can carry all of your necessities and still be handsfree.
Enjoy a photo journey of our trip. Below are Some photos from our trip….
Acropolis and Theatre of Dionysis
Evzone Soldiers at the Changing of Guards Ceremony. This happened every hour, but the big ceremony happens on Sunday mornings at 11am.
Exploring Athens, Riding the Metro, Our Hotel (Melia)
Our favorite Restaurant in Fira – Naoussa. This is where we got to smash plates. Best experience and food here!
Black Sand Beach
Greece is a gorgeous place and I am glad I got to experience it! I loved it so much that I would definitely visit there again.
LOVE the pictures!!
Y’alls trip looked awesome! I can’t wait to visit Greece!
I want to visit Greece and bring our baby. Did you notice many people with babies there? I debating whether or not to bring him. Your pictures are beautiful!
Your pictures are awesome glad you guys had a great time!