Some weekend outfit deets:
We just got back from the 504 – New Orleans!! This past weekend was Essence Festival there and we went to celebrate the festivities. AnnDrew and I went with Drew’s mom and sister. We all flew out on Friday and once we stepped off the plane…BAAAM! Yo that heat smacked the hell out of us once we got off the plane. OMG! I wasntttt ready *Kevin Hart voice* LOL.
Drew’s mom had never been to NOLA, so we did a lot of sight seeing and exploring the town. Drew’s sister and I have been to New Orleans a few times before to party, so it was cool to just chill, walk around and eat. I think my favorite part about the trip was eating the beignets! We went to Cafe Du Monde every morning. I know thats fat but IDC IDC IDC lol. AnnDrew got to try them and of course she wanted more lol.
New Orleans has such beautiful architecture and sights. St. Ann Street has super cute colorful houses that make for great photo opps! If you didn’t know, Solange AND Beyonce both have homes down there. Now y’all know we went to see both lol. Solange’s house is on St. Ann street right in the French Quarter. The local people said she is so cool and down to earth and always just walks around the city. Beyonce’s house is in the Garden District and is so amazing. I’m not just saying that because its Beyonce, because it isss. Omg look at it! It wraps around the corner thats how big it is.
Beyonce’s House in the Garden District
Solange’s House in the French Quarter
Random Houses in the French Quarter
House American Horror Story is filmed in
We went to the Convention Center to check out some of the Essence festivities. There were so many booths, food vendors, celeb appearances and performances. We saw Ralph Angel (Kofi Sirobe) and Larenz Tate on the same stage we were ha-ppy lol all the ladies love them both! They were up there with Jada, Queen Latifah and Regina Hall talking about the new movie they are staring in.
AnnDrew was running all over the convention center and the second she heard some music (specifically trap music), she started waving her hands in the air lol My little dancing baby haha. I got to run into some of my friends at the convention center and that was great.
It was crazy how many people recognized AnnDrew from my instagram page and were coming up to us saying hi. My baby is a star lol.
New Orleans is so rich in culture and its everywhere you go in the city. We heard live jazz, saw great street performances, ate great food and met some really nice people. Even after Katrina hit the city, it is still just as awesome.
Oh, and how can I forget. AnnDrew went to her first concert and she got to see Solange, Master P, Mystical and more. What 1 year old gets to see that line up?! My kid, thats who! She is giving Asaad Khalad a run for his money lol.
Overall, we had a great time. Here are some suggestions if you plan on going to New Orleans anytime soon:
- If you want to go to Cafe Du Maude for beignets, get there early and go sit inside to avoid the lines.
- Drew’s mom bought AnnDrew a stroller from the CVS near our hotel and it came in handy. I personally hate those little thin strollers, but it worked out. Its too damn hot to be carrying a baby everywhere. If you have a baby carrier, that would help as well.
- Make sure you carry water with you and stay hydrated.
- We used Uber to get everywhere and I recommend it. Everything is so close so the average price is about $7.
- Wear flat shoes. You will do a lot of walking and its much easier and you will be comfortable. You can still be cute in flats 😉
- Try the Popeyes down there. We loved it! Something about it tasted a bit better down there!