This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
Every year at the end of the year, I make a goal sheet for the following year. One of my goals for this year was to partner with Google on an event. After yesterdays event, I was able to cross that off my list!! I was a panelist at the Women Leading in Business: A Panel & Workshop featuring Successful Entrepreneurs event with Google.When I first found out about it, I was so excited and honored. These are exactly the type of events I love to take part in because they leave the attendees so motivated and inspired. Enjoy some pictures and a brief rundown on the event below.
The event was hosted by my girl Angelina Darrisaw and she was awesome. She opened the event up with Angela Yee and they did an informative Q&A about Google ads, how they are beneficial to business owners and how to use Google to enhance your business. The information that was shared was so valuable and informative and so many women got a lot of great gems from it. After the Q&A, we took a brief break and let the guest check out all of the vendor tables. Vendors included Miss Jessies, Dusse (to get every loose lol), Juices for Life (Angela Yee’s business – super good juices BTW), Foot Prints Cafe and The Bakery on Bergen.
The panelists were all so transparent and were vulnerable to be able to convey lessons and share personal stories that help others on their journey’s. It was a true gift and an honor to sit on a panel with these women. Here is a list of the panelists:
- Myself 😉
- Miko Branch from Miss Jessies
- Ashley from The Up Spa
- Mandy Bowman from Official Black Wall Street
- Angela Yee from Power 105 & Juices for Life BK
Even after writing that list I’m like YAASSSSSS to all this girl power!
So much information was shared from the panel, but here are some great takeaways:
- Keep your integrity when it comes to business.
- Relationships in business are EVERYTHING.
- Keep a tough skin in business.
- Don’t worry about what your competition is doing. Don’t worry if someone copies what you are doing. They are inspired by your greatness. You just keep being you and you will always be ahead of the game.
- There are good times and bad times in business. If you want to be the boss, you need to stick around for all of the downsides that come with business.
- Failures are awesome teachers
- If you want your business to thrive, you have to put in the work aka HUSTLE!
- Do your best and hire out the rest. Be honest with yourself. Know your strengths and weaknesses. If you know you are lacking in a certain area, hire some help. Without help, you will burn yourself out and your business will suffer.
- Take time for self care. You can’t take care of anyone or anything if you don’t take care of yourself first.
I truly enjoyed by time with Google! I also got to meet a lot of my followers and that is always super cool!!
My Dress Deets:
Oh and of course, AnnDrew was in the building lol
CONGRATULATIONS Mel!!! You are so inspiring!