This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you.
I, like a lot of people watched the documentary – What The Health. Just like everyone else, I was scared as hell to eat meat or dairy after watching. I began to get almond milk vs cows milk and I really like it. I always get my almond milk from Whole Foods and I get the Original flavor. Recently, I tried an Almond Recipe that I LOVE and wanted to share. Almond milk is great for smoothies, cereal, baking or even dipping some warm chocolate chip cookies!
There are also many benefits of drinking almond milk. Here are seven benefits:
- It is nutritious
- It is low in calories
- Unsweetened Almond Milk doesn’t raise blood sugar
- It is dairy free
- Enriched almond milk may strengthen your bones
- It may reduce the risk of heart disease
- Enriched almond milk is high in Vitamin D
Below, you will find the easy recipe.
- Boil 1 cup of whole almonds
- Drain & rinse with cold water
- Peel almonds by hand
- Add peeled almonds, 1 tsp vanilla, 3 cups water into a blender. Blend for 2 minutes or until almonds are broken own into a smooth mixture.
- Use fine-grade mesh bag and pour milk through into a big glass bowl.
- Add almond milk into a mason jar and store for up to 3 days.
Below, find the items you will need for the recipe. Click any item to purchase it.